Mencegah kebakaran saat mengadakan Pengalaman Airbnb
Everybody wants to be safe, and most of us take all the right precautions. However, accidents can happen, and we want you to be prepared.
Airbnb has partnered with the American Red Cross and the International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent to provide our community with general safety resources, developed by the Red Cross Red Crescent’s Global Disaster Preparedness Center.
Whether your Experience takes place indoors or outdoors, you should always take precautions to prevent fires. Here are some recommendations that can provide protection from emergencies due to wildfires or home fires.
This article offers basic tips to help increase safety awareness. We also recommend signing up for a first aid and CPR training course near you, but in an emergency, contact local police or emergency services immediately.
Fire safety prevention tools
Bring the following items to the Experience location in case of fire:
- A fire escape plan
- Emergency kit
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms/carbon monoxide detectors
- First aid app for your country
- Hazard app for your country
We recommend that all Experience guests and Hosts prepare an emergency plan in case of a disaster caused by a natural hazard or any other kind of emergency.
- Be sure your location has functioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors while the activity is taking place. Check if they’re working properly by pushing the test button. If they’re not, change the batteries or replace the device.
- Be equipped with a fire extinguisher during the activity in case of any fire hazard. Test the extinguisher first and learn how to activate it.
- Inform your guests about fire safety actions and your fire escape plan at the start of the Experience.
- Check the usage restrictions of flammable and non-flammable objects in outdoor locations such as natural parks or public areas. In many places, it’s forbidden to use matches or outdoor stoves/grills with charcoal. Instead, use flashlights, electric stoves, or gas lamps.
- Bring a fire extinguisher. Test it beforehand and learn how to use it.
- Inform your guests about designated places to smoke.
Tips for avoiding fire hazards
Make it a point to recommend the following precautions to your guests:
- Keep flammable items at least 3 feet away from anything that gets hot, such as space heaters, candles, lighters, paint solvent, or other items.
- Never use a generator, grill, camp stove, or other gasoline, propane, natural gas, or charcoal-burning devices inside a home, garage, or any partially enclosed area.
- Only smoke or light bonfires in designated areas.
- Don’t leave candles unattended.
- Make sure children know not to play with lighters and/or matches and keep them out of their reach.
- Don’t light fireworks in forbidden areas or inside a building.
- After a bonfire, add water and sand or rocks to extinguish it. Check to ensure the flames are completely out.
Tips for kitchen safety
The kitchen is where fires happen most often. Follow these suggestions:
- Stay in the kitchen when frying, grilling or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
- Keep anything that can catch fire—like pot holders, towels, plastic, and clothing—away from the stove.
- Keep pets off cooking surfaces and countertops to prevent them from knocking things onto the burner.
- Small grease fires can happen while cooking. Consider keeping a lid or cover near the stove to extinguish small fires. Always leave the fire covered until the heat has fully dispersed from the cooking vessel.
Learn more about kitchen safety for Airbnb Experiences.
How to respond in case of fire
Fires spread in a fast and dangerous way. Share these instructions and tips with your guests and let them know they can find more info in the Red Cross Red Crescent First Aid app.
If you catch on fire
- Stop, drop, and roll if a fire catches the clothes you’re wearing.
- If a minor burn happens, cool the burn under clean, cool running water for at least 10 minutes, then cover with plastic wrap or a clean plastic bag.
If you’re in a space (indoor or outdoor) where there’s a fire
- Leave immediately and call the fire department and your local emergency number.
- Use the fire escape plan provided in your Personal Safety Card and immediately contact the local emergency number or the closest fire station.
- If a door feels warm against the back of your hand, do not open it. Warm temperatures suggest there’s a fire on the other side. Use a secondary exit instead.
- If you can’t exit, open a window and wave something white, such as a pillowcase or piece of clothing, to signal for help.
- Stay low to the ground and crawl to avoid breathing in smoke.
- Don’t go back into the area until after the fire department says it’s OK to do so—it might still be risky.
All Experiences include 24/7 community support. Additionally, in the event of a life-threatening injury, we also have partnered with an emergency medevac provider that may be activated to reach an injured party to support a medically necessary evacuation.
American Red Cross and the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC): Courtesy of the American Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. ©2019 The American National Red Cross. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The American Red Cross and International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by The American National Red Cross. For more information about the American Red Cross, visit redcross.org.
- Tuan Rumah PengalamanApa yang perlu saya ketahui mengenai alergi makanan sebagai tuan rumah Pengalaman Airbnb?Komunikasi, perencanaan sebelumnya, serta cara Anda bersiap, memasak, dan membersihkan adalah elemen penting yang dibutuhkan untuk menjaga k…
- TamuKeselamatan memasak untuk Pengalaman AirbnbKami menyediakan praktik terbaik seputar keselamatan makanan, termasuk informasi mengenai alergi makanan, pantangan makan, tips keselamatan …
- TamuTips keselamatan dapur untuk mengadakan Pengalaman AirbnbPenanganan pisau, pencegahan kebakaran, dan keamanan makanan—temukan praktik terbaik untuk menjaga keamanan di dapur Anda.